Wednesday, October 1, 2008

How to heal bones

In November of 2007 I underwent my second knee surgery on my left knee. They needed to realign the patellar. So they cut the bone and repositioned the ligament, in addition to a patellar shave. Called a Distar extensor realignment.
Sorry for any misspellings.
Anyway it is now October 1st 2008 and my knee feels great, but my shin bone where then reattached the bone with two screws still hurts. I feel pain at a great %age to most people, hense my fight with IBS. I am a tough cookie, but things still bother me at a higher degree. The bone is healed fine, but it still hurts.
I have went through physical therapy, and still it lingers.. the pain that is.
So I am on my own to find out ways to live with and reduce the pain. Anti-inflamatory Rx is what the surgeon recommends, however they did not seem to help. Maybe since they were oral the rest of my body used them, without sending enough to my knee? Who knows, it was also a generic instead of name brand so that might also be an issue. Darn insurance anyway.

I have seen a naturopath who gave me moxa, an herbal oil, homeopathics, and also does oral herbals. I have not been back for about 6 months as it is over $50 a time to see him and I was not improving.

I currently have a TENs unit that definately helps, but it is a short term remedy. I am starting to take glucosamine and Chondroiton internally, and I just ordered a creame with herbals for inflamation etc in it, it is supposed to help rebuild the bone, and that is what I need. We will see.

Here is a website I just found that has dietary recommendations etc.
http://www.alive.com/2665a9a2.php?subject_bread_cramb=123

No comments: